Leveled Up Adobo Stuffed with Chicken Liver
You won’t believe it but there are thousands of Adobo recipes all around! Everyone has a signature Adobo dish to be proud of – that’s what makes us truly Pinoy. Since I started my Adobo Book, I have not stopped discovering, enjoying, eating, cooking, researching and sharing Adobo recipes, trivia, tips and stories. Adobo is about bonding with each other, over hot rice and atsara and eat using hands or with utensils in the thick of happy vibes and talks about food, cooks and good tables.
- 6 Chicken leg and thigh, deboned
- 1 K Chicken Livers (cleaned, trimmed, par boiled)
- 1/3 C Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Head Garlic (pounded and minced)
- 1/2 C (Olive oil)
- Rock salt
- 1-2 Tbsp Karo Syrup
- Soy Sauce
- Debone chicken, flatten thinly between plastic wrap.
- Marinate in Balsamic vinegar, garlic, and peppercorn.
- Parboil the liver, drain and set aside. Leave some for the Adobo Dirty Rice.
- Lay out chicken livers on flattened chicken and roll. Lock it with toothpick.
- Combine 1/2 of the achuete oil , rock salt and Karo Syrup
- Rub on rolled chicken
- In a Masflex Stone Fry Pan, heat remaining achuete oil on medium heat and pan fry the chicken.
- Brush, if needed, with more of the achuete oil mixture.
- Cook through. Save any of the drippings, if you wish.
- Serve on Adobo Dirty Rice
Adobo Dirty Rice
- 1/2 of the Cooked Chicken Liver (chopped)
- 1/3 cup Achuete Oil
- 1/4 cup Oyster Sauce
- 6 cups of cooked Frozen Rice
- Rock Salt
- Peppercorn (ground but not powdered)
- 1 cup diced Squash (preboiled)
- 1-2 cup Malunggay Leaves
- Oyster Sauce
- In a Masflex Stone Fry Pan, heat achuete oil and add oyster sauce.
- When boiling, quickly add the frozen rice.
- Season with salt and peppercorn to taste.
- Toss in squash, malunggay and chicken livers.
- Toss to combine all ‘till blended.
Red Tomato Jam
- 12 whole Red Tomatoes (quartered)
- 1/3 Cup Orange or Pineapple Marmalade
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Chicken Cube
- Combine all in a Masflex Marble Fry Pan and cook over medium heat.
- Cook till tomato skins curl up.
- Use only medium to low heat to prevent burning.
This dish is for 6-8 big servings.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes