Young Chow Fried Rice
- 5 cups cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup fresh shrimp, deveined and shells removed
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup ham, cut into cubes
- 2 pcs Chinese Chorizo, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 / 2 cup Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup Carrots , cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 Tbsp. Chicken Powder
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 cups cabbage , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and when it is hot, add the oil.
- Add the garlic and cook until lightly browned , about 1 minute.
- Add the bell pepper, and onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- At this point, add the frozen peas, ham, and shrimp and cook, stirring constantly for a couple of minutes. Then add the eggs and rice and keep mixing ingredients.
- Add the scallions, cabbage, spices, salt and pepper, continuing to stir until 4-6 minutes.
- Serve immediately.