Tira–Tira (ButterCrunch Toffee)
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoon light corn syrup ( Glucose )
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Tbsp Baking Soda
1. In a medium sized heavy bottomed saucepan, combine butter, sugars and water. stirring constantly over medium heat until butter melts and mixture starts to simmer.
2. Stop stirring. Add candy thermometer with bulb tip well into mixture but not touching bottom of pot. Continue cooking, without stirring, until candy thermometer reads 305 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Remove from heat and quickly stir in baking soda.
4. Don’t stir too long or toffee will turn cloudy and crumble when cool.
5. Immediately transfer to large baking sheet that has been sprayed with vegetable oil cooking spay.